The Good Brew Company focuses on sustainable brewing methods to minimise environmental impact while creating a fantastic range of beverages.
What is a good brew?
- A good brew is a sustainable brew.
A sustainable brew is brewed with traditional methods.
- Slow fermentation
- No chemicals
A sustainable brew also considers the environment in all phases of its production:
- Has a the smallest possible carbon footprint (in grain sourcing, grain & beer distribution and all aaspects of the brewing process)
- Uses rainwater as much as possible
- Tastes fantastic and makes you feel good
Most microbrewers already endeavour to minimalise there ecological impact. These brewers must do all of the following for Sustainable Brews to market their product for them:
- Be local (within 50km) to Brunswick (home of Sustainable Brews)
- Use solar technology to preheat all water required for the brewing process.
- Use green power to power the rest of the brewery.
- Encourage workers to ride to work (xmas bonuses)
- Catch rain water (if uncontaminated by possum poo) from the roof to use for rinsing, washing & bathroom facilities…brewing if possible (think smart and safe though).
- Use only natural ingredients, no GMO’s and no preservatives
- Use only recycled paper based boxes and stationary